Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I need a 70's long hair style?!?

Can anyone show me pictures or discriptive instructions on any good ideas?!



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

ugh. long hair, parted in the middle and hanging along the face - a little greasy. Almost covering the eyes. Picture the woman in Addams Family



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

braids and headband around the forehead. long straight hair.



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

See Laura Prepon in the "70s SHow"



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

Get the Farrah Fawcett easily. Put your hair in a high ponytail. Chop it off a little. Then you will have that layered 70's look.



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

part your hair down the middle. Straighten it as much as possible.



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

I was there, allow me...



If you want real 70's hair, decide what part of the 70's; the later part was disco doo's and the early part was "Hamilton-Joe-Frank and Reynolds" doo's



The early era was Boss....in the 60's hair was short, you saw your typical short haired dude with the part on the side around 62-66; it started getting Long, Not For Fashion reasons, but to stick it to the establishment; it was an Anti war statement . Ok, got carried away there...



Long hair simply grew out as a statement against the Governments ways; young people let it grow without changing the actual style of short hair; imagine that the short parted hair became long,,,,looked awkward from around 66-68-69 when they started styling it better; look at Woodstock online, all those photo's are of anti war-anti establishment types; look uip Abby Hoffmann, a major anti war hero to many; check out his doo.



In those days there were "grooming standards"; "young men" were given standards of short hair as it was deemed "normal" by the standards parentsd held at that time; girls were expected to wear skirts to school; if they did not, they were sent home, really...



By guys growing long hair, they basically said F ....you! to the schools, parents and anyone else who would listen. By 1970-71 this long hair was deemed more of a style, as opposed to "statement " as it excepted; girls began to wear jeans when they wanted; at my school, girls cvould only wear jeans as a priveledge on Thursday; this was a California School mind you.



That should sum it up, I hope this gives you some view of how that hairdo came to be and how it looked during developement in my neighborhood.



Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no grease....dry....dry.....dry



Grease was pre-63...



I need a 70's long hair style?!?

Jacqueline Bisset, Lauren Hutton, Jacklyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett were famous for their styles.



The link provided shows the covers of fashion magazines, I guess it can't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment